Research Briefs from the 2014 World Meeting
Data presented at the ISRA World Meeting — and most other scientific conferences — often takes considerable time to appear in peer-reviewed journals. This time lag delays the potential impact of this work on violence prevention. In recognition of this fact, ISRA partnered with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to facilitate rapid dissemination of research presented at the 2014 World Meeting.
A review of podium presentations from the 2014 World Meeting identified nine that were highly regarded for their implications for violence prevention. The authors of these presentations agreed to prepare research briefs based on their presentations. These research briefs report on data that were presented at the World Meeting and do not include any additional data or content. The intention of each brief is to capture the key findings and conclusions from each presentation and present that information in a format that is more readily accessible to violence prevention practitioners.
Note that support for the development of each research brief was provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The findings and conclusions in each brief are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
You can access each brief by clicking on its respective link below.
Dominic Parrott, Ph.D.
ISRA Executive Secretary & 2014 World Meeting Co-Organizer
- Authoritative School Climate and Peer Victimization (PDF) →
Authors: Dewey Cornell, Kathan Shukla, Tim Konold, & Francis Huang
- When Too Many Bystanders Are Not Enough: Predictors of Bystander Intervention Involving Anti-Gay Aggression (PDF) →
Authors: Bradley L. Goodnight, Alexandra L. Bellis, Kevin M. Swartout, & John L. Peterson
- Breaking the Vicious Cycle from Media Violence to Aggression: Efficacy of an Intervention with Adolescents in Germany →
Authors: Barbara Krahé & Robert Busching
- Alone in a Crowded Room: The Inhibiting Effects of Male Peers and Efficacy on Bystander Intervention for Sexual Aggression (PDF) →
Authors: Ruschelle Leone & Dominic Parrott
- Anger Regulation and Aggression in Middle Childhood (PDF) →
Authors: Helena Rohlf & Barbara Krahé
- The Role of Sexual Scripts and Pornography Use in Male and Female Sexual Aggression Among University Students in Poland (PDF) →
Authors: Paulina Tomaszewska & Barbara Krahé
- Unique Associations of Callous-Unemotional Versus Oppositional and Attention-Deficit/Hyperactive Behaviors Among Preschool Children: Are There Multiple Domains Within Early-Starting Child Behavior Problems (PDF) →
Authors: Rebecca Waller, Adam S. Grabell, Martha Alves, Luke W. Hyde, & Sheryl Olson
- The Effects of Alcohol Intoxication and Cognitive Emotion Regulation Strategies on Lab-Based Partner Aggression (PDF) →
Authors: Laura E. Watkins, Rosalita C. Maldonado, & David DiLillo